Kett’s Oak Primary Care Network is a collaboration of the following practices providing enhanced health care for over 65,000 patients in South Norfolk.
- East Harling & Kenninghall Medical Practice
- Hingham Surgery
- Humbleyard Practice
- Windmill Surgery
- Wymondham Medical Partnership
Primary Care Networks build on existing primary care services and enable greater provision of proactive, personalised, coordinated and more integrated health and social care for people close to home.
The COVID-19 pandemic has clearly demonstrated the value and effectiveness of the primary care network (PCN) model as a basis for local partnership working.
A significant part of the COVID-19 vaccination programme was delivered by GP practices collaborating at network level. All care home residents are now benefiting from the Enhanced Health in Care Homes (EHCH) service; and over 85% of those aged 14 and over on practice learning disability registers received an annual health check last year.
Kett’s Oak PCN currently provides Enhanced Access for all patients within their PCN. This means patients can be seen by clinicians outside usual working hours.
Enhanced Access appointments occur during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday, 18:30-20:00
- Saturday, 09:00-17:00
To arrange an appointment, please contact your local Practice who will be able to confirm where the next appointment is available across the PCN member Practices.
Expanding our Workforce
A crucial part of PCNs is to provide additional clinical recruitment. The national aim is to recruit 26,000 new roles into primary care by 2024 – NHS England » Expanding our workforce.
The ARRS scheme helps reduce pressure on GPs and ensures that patients are being seen by the most appropriate person, improving patient access to healthcare.
Kett’s Oak PCN currently hosts multiple ARRS roles, all of whom contribute to a more cohesive, integrated NHS.
These roles include:
- Clinical Pharmacists
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Mental Health Practitioners
- Physician Associates
- First Contact Physiotherapist
- Advanced Practitioners
- Social Prescribers
Social Prescribing: There is currently a proactive social prescribing service operating within the PCN. Through hiring Social Prescribers, the PCN is contributing to the increasingly personalised and changing landscape of primary care.
Dr Kate Grantham (Wymondham Medical Practice)
PCN Lead Manager
Mr Carl Wyer
- Dr Sri-Ganeshan (East Harling & Kenninghall Medical Practice)
- Dr Shaun Conway (Hingham Surgery)
- Dr Bhavesh Dhorajiwala (Humbleyard Practice)
- Dr Hilary Burgess (Windmill Surgery)
- Dr Simon Findlay (Wymondham Medical Partnership)
Kett’s Oak Mission Statement and Key Values
To support the resilience of its member practices and promote high quality patient care and supportive workplaces.
- Good quality healthcare for every person
- Respectful and collaborative relationships with practices, patients and partner organisations
- Transparency with partners and patients
- Valuing and supporting our clinical and non-clinical colleagues
- Supporting education and career progression of our workforce
- Promoting effective inductions and welcoming colleagues into practice teams and the PCN
- Efficient use of resources
- Promoting equality and valuing diversity